5) Being trustworthy is your best trait
This year, there’ll be increasing demand for quality and relevance when it comes to content. Google’s E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness) guidelines and anti-spam initiatives are raising the bar for content creation.
In a nutshell, E-A-T can help to decipher whether a page is high-quality, and whether it’s valuable to users. According to Google, this is the type of content that is deemed as ‘high quality’:
- Content that helps users (provides answers, solutions, data, news or research)
- Content that is created by an expert (thought leadership pieces)
- Content that is posted on an authoritative site
- Content that is trustworthy (backed by research, knowledge, data or facts)
- Content that is updated regularly
This means being a trusted source will be a huge content marketing trend. Focus on quality over quantity, and make sure your content provides value to the reader/viewer.